Nasya treatment refers to an Ayurvedic therapy that includes instillation of herbal oils, juices or powders through the nasal route. It works specifically on disorders of ear, nose and throat. Nasya is one among the five Panchakarma therapies. It is especially desirable for diseases of parts above the base of the neck; nasal passage being the gateway of the head.
• Nasya Treatment
The procedure of Nasya can be classified under three headings,
1. Poorvakarma or pre purificatory measures
Includes facial oil massage or application of steam to face, forehead, head, ears and neck. This helps to loosen the adhesive Doshas.
2. Pradhanakarma or main procedure of Nasya
This is the main step of Nasya and includes instillation of luke warm medication in both the nostrils, alternately, with the help of proper instrument like dropper. The sole, shoulder, neck, ear and palm are gently massaged after the administration of the drug
3. Paschatkarma or post therapeutic measures
In this procedure patients mouth is cleaned by giving luke warm water to gargle and then medicated smoke is given for inhalation.
• How Does Nasya Treatment Work?
The medicaments administered through the nostrils pervade into the nervous (Brain) and venous system (Blood circulation) present in and around the nostrils. Then they evacuate the morbidity present or distributed in nearby area. Thus it relieves the blockage of the channels and the diseases are cured effectively. Medicated oils / juices / powders stimulate the vital centres of brain to overcome specific diseases. Nasya treatment does not cause any serious side effects .However, it is recommended to not undergo Nasya After heavy meals or Shirodhara.
Get rid of ENT problems
• Benefits of Nasya Treatment
Nasyam Ayurvedic treatment cleanses, purifies and strengthens the nasal passages, allowing you to breathe fully and easily again. Due to its many benefits Nasyam is a recommended remedy for congestion, allergies, sinusitis, headaches, migraine, cervical spondylosis, hair fall, premature greying of hair, rhinitis and other nasal infections.
Nasyam is used in management of following conditions
• Pain Management : Nasyam is beneficial in treatment of headaches, Migraine and cervical Spondylosis. Medicated oils or powders stimulate the some vital centers of brain that reduce pain perception.
• Stress Reduction : It includes administration of medicated drugs or oils through nostrils. It stimulates the vital centers of brain that regulate emotions.
• De-Toxification : Nasyam is one of the panchakarmas and is indicated as an important Ayurvedic de-toxification therapy.
• Skin & Hair Care : With regular treatment, Nasyam can improve skin complexion. It can also improve hair texture and prevent greying of hair.
• Paralysis : As mentioned in Ayurveda nose is the opening to reach the brain, any medicine instilled in nasal cavity acts directly on brain.
• Elderly Care : Ayurvedic Nasyam treatment can be used in disorders that develop with increasing age such as pain, paralysis, stress etc.
• Immunity : Use of Immunity boosting herbs for Nasyam can be beneficial in people who show low Immunity.
• Eye Care : Medications administered through nasal cavity act on the specific area of brain that are involved in regulating vision.
• Mental Health : Medication administered through nasal cavity act on the specific area of brain to improve mood and emotions.
For more information contact:-
Ayurveda Healing Tree